Inside Special Fork – and Beyond
If you’ve followed us for a while, you know our mission: Trying to make the weekday dinner hour a little easier by sharing 30-minute prep recipes, a daily blog, and cooking tips and tricks.
You can follow Special Fork optimized for your mobile phone, or on your computer by visiting our conventional website. Both are reached at www.specialfork.com.
We work with a stellar team of top food experts who have held or who currently hold senior food editorial positions at major national magazines, or who work as professional chefs or culinary educators.
We invite you to subscribe to our weekly newsletter. You can subscribe here by simply entering your email address in the box on the right. Check out last week’s newsletter as a sample of what we deliver every Friday morning.
At Special Fork, we speak with many voices reaching many audiences.
- Mondays: Inside Special Fork is a general blog for the whole Special Fork community
- Tuesdays: Cooking Newbie is for beginner cooks with sophisticated tastes
- Wednesdays: One of Two Bites (cooking for one or two) showcases delicious recipes that yield just 1 or 2 servings
- Thursdays: The Family Table (busy mommy/daddy) provides solutions for kid-friendly meals directed to time-crunched parents
- Fridays: Video Friday features a demo to explain a technique or to highlight just how easy it is to cook a Special Fork recipe
What’s New on Special Fork
We’ve begun to populate our Recipes of the Week section on our site. So, in addition to a new blog post Monday through Friday, we now highlight five seasonal recipes for the week from our database.
Visit our Tips & Tricks section on our conventional site. I’ve aggregated, over a span of more than two years of blog posts, any that teach something specific about cooking that seems especially useful.
You can find Special Fork content on our other social media sites.
Find us on Pinterest. Look for:
- Our Under 30 Minute Meals board
- Creative Food board – super-creative and often funny food ideas
- Food Humor board – clever (often visual) jokes with food
- Sweepstakes announcements. First, “like” us to be eligible, then complete the entry form when a contest is announced. Our next sweepstakes prize: kitchen tools for holiday entertaining – to be announced soon.
- Albums of recipes based on lifestyles; currently available are Cooking for One or Two, and Cooking for Busy Mommies and Daddies.
- Tweets announcing the day’s post and recipe of the day
- Answers to people’s dinnertime dilemma: what to cook now!
- Quick Breakfasts (11 videos)
- Favorite Videos (8 videos)
- Easy Desserts (12 videos)
- How-to Cooking Videos (14)
I hope you’ll explore the greater world of Special Fork. And if you do, please post a comment – we love hearing from you!
Special Fork is a recipe website for your smartphone and PC that solves the daily dinnertime dilemma: what to cook now! Our bloggers blog Monday through Friday to give you cooking inspiration. Check out our recipe database for quick ideas that take no more than 30 minutes of prep time. Follow us on Facebook , Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.