- One pound of tomatoes equals about 2 large or 3 medium-sized tomatoes.
- One pound will yield about 2 1/2 cups chopped, 3 cups wedged and 3 cups sliced tomatoes.
- Tomatoes should not be refrigerated. Cold stops tomatoes' ripening process and gives them a mealy unpleasant texture. Once fully ripe, a tomato can be refrigerated, but only for a few days, any longer results in flavor deterioration.
- To ripen a tomatoes just keep them on the kitchen counter.
- Tomatoes will become a bright red color, soften slightly, and develop good flavor and aroma if kept for a few days at room temperature, between 55 and 70 degrees F.
Source: Florida Tomatoes