Last Modified: Feb 22, 2011
Welcome to the Special Fork, Inc. (“Special Fork”) web site and online services (the “Special Fork Site”). Special Fork values the privacy of our members and others who visit and use the Special Fork Site (individually, “You” or collectively, “Users”). We take your privacy seriously and make it a priority to protect personally identifiable information that we obtain from and about individuals both online and off-line.
The Information Special Fork Collects:
- User-provided Information: When you register as a member of the Special Fork Site, you may provide to Special Fork what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, password, gender, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number). From time to time, Special Fork may also ask you optionally to provide other information. If you choose to provide such information, during registration or otherwise, you are giving Special Fork the permission to use and store it consistent with this policy. Therefore, please understand that when you sign in with Special Fork, you are not anonymous to us.
The Way Special Fork Uses Information:
- Special Fork collects personally identifiable information when you register as a member in order to establish and enhance our relationship with you. Special Fork generally uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Special Fork Site. If you have given Special Fork consent, we may use your personally identifiable information to provide you with information about Special Fork’s features, services and other offerings that may be of interest to you. We may also send information or offers to groups of users on behalf of other businesses. Under certain circumstances (for example if you win a contest) we may post your personally identifiable information on the Special Fork Site. However, we will notify you of this possibility when collecting personally identifiable information or we will obtain your consent. We may share your personally identifiable information with certain other websites that we link to (and that you click upon) in order to enhance your experience in connection with the Special Fork Site.
- Special Fork uses all of the information that we collect from Users to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Special Fork Site works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Special Fork may use “cookies” information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Special Fork Site; (b) provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- If you have registered as a member and given Special Fork consent, we may share your personally identifiable information with advertisers, business partners, and other entities that are not affiliated with Special Fork who would like to send you information about their products and services. We do not share personally identifiable information with other third-party organizations for their marketing or promotional use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
- Special Fork’s employees, agents and contractors must have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to the personally identifiable information you may provide to register as a member of Special Fork. We may share your personally identifiable information with companies that provide services to us, including outside contractors or agents who help us manage our information activities (for example, contest and sweepstakes administration), but they may only use your personally identifiable information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
When Special Fork Discloses Information:
- Special Fork discloses automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Special Fork Site.
- Special Fork may also disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, we may make such disclosures without first providing notice to Users.
- Special Fork also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Special Fork from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Special Fork Site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Special Fork, our Users, or others.
- In the event that Special Fork is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with Special Fork, in which case Special Fork will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Special Fork Site. If you register as a member of Special Fork, you may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by logging into your profile and making the necessary adjustments.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third-Party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites:
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Special Fork does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Special Fork Site from persons under 13 years-of-age. If Special Fork learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on Special Fork without verifiable parental consent, then Special Fork will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained a Special Fork Site account, then you may alert Special Fork at email@example.com and request that Special Fork delete that child’s personal information from its systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
Special Fork uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Special Fork, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Special Fork makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Special Fork learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Special Fork may post a notice on the Special Fork Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
The Special Fork Site is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the Special Fork Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Special Fork Site you consent to that transfer.
Special Fork Contact Information: