California Golden Raisin, Quinoa and Melon Salad
Luscious golden raisins blend with an ancient grain and melons for a surprising tasty salad.
Check out the demo video of the quinoa recipe.
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. Spanish chorizo, halved and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch thick half moons
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon light molasses
- 1 cup prepared quinoa
- alternate ingredients
- 1-1/2 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced green onions
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over high heat and sauté chorizo until warm and fat begins to render. Add raisins, vinegar and light molasses; stir until bubbly and liquid is reduced a little. Pour into bowl; stir in quinoa, melon balls, mint and green onions. Serve immediately or chill and serve cold.