Chicken Vegetable Soup
- 1 can (49 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/3 pounds (4 medium) potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 large stalk celery, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- salt and pepper optional
In large saucepan, combine broth and water. Cover; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, 5 minutes. Add chicken, carrot and celery; continue cooking 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Could use canned diced tomatoes to save time.