Four Bean Salad
This colorful and fresh-tasting bean salad can easily be multiplied for a crowd to take to your next potluck.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 ounces green beans
- 2 ounces yellow wax beans
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- alternate ingredients
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard and honey in a serving bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified and combined well. Season with salt and pepper and stir in shallot. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the green and yellow beans. To blanch, drop the beans in a pot of boiling water and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl filled with ice and cold water to cool quickly. When cool, drain beans, pat dry and coarsely shop. You should have about ½ cup of each bean variety.
- To the serving bowl add blanched beans, edamame, black beans, corn and herbs; combine well. Keep chilled until ready to serve.