Toasted Walnut Trout Spread
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 ounces hot-smoked lake trout, flaked , or
- 4 ounces hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted finely chopped walnuts
- 1-2 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves
Mix cream cheese and butter in medium bowl until smooth. Stir in trout or salmon, blue cheese and walnuts; mix well.
Spread or pipe about 1 teaspoon mixture onto base of each leaf. Garnish with additional toasted walnuts. Chill until serving.