Watermelon, Cucumber & Feta Salad
A simpler salad doesn’t exist. Make it just before serving so the cucumbers are snappy and the feta and fresh mint show off fresh flavor.
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1 seedless watermelon, heavy for its size, cut into bite size wedges or squares
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, more or less to taste , or
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, more or less to taste
Cut off both ends of the English cucumber and then cut it in half lengthwise. Place each half, flat-side down, on the cutting board and slice into thin half moons.
Toss the cucumber moons together in a salad bowl with the watermelon, crumbled feta cheese, chopped fresh mint, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon or lime juice. Serve immediately.